The Challenge as stated on a partner’s website:
- 40% Below the National Poverty Level
- 60% of Murders in Atlanta Occur in the neighborhood
- 50% graduate from high school. Most not prepared for college
- 73% live in single family homes.
- To lead under-served youths to prosperity and success.
To develop youth leaders in under-served communities through employment, exposure, and character while teaching the beautiful game of soccer.
- 100% Effort on and off the field.
- 100% High School graduation and career pursuit.
- 100% Employment as soccer referees.
- Three Pillars
- Soccer – We teach the fundamentals of the game
- Exposure – Youth employment, college field trips, professional soccer games, etc
- Character – Love, Patience, Kindness, Service, Dependability, Humility, Self-control
- We make soccer “second nature” and affordable in under-served communities.
- We increase self-esteem of through participation in an organized and supportive program of team activities.
- We build positive social and life skills.
- We create a fun environment for each player to enjoy.
- We develop players who could play at the college level.
- We create employment opportunities for all our youths.